Thursday, March 19, 2009

Do you want some Whine with that Cheese?

I don't know why I allow people to upset me, or allow myself to get upset by people. I have prayed for years for someone in my life to no avail. Obviously, God is not answering the prayer in the way that I would like him to at this time and he knows best, so I can accept that, but it is very difficult at times. When it comes to my family I have some serious issues. Rejection is a big one. I'm constantly feeling rejected. I know that these issues are deep rooted and I probably need some professional counseling, but I'm going to just give them to the Lord and let him take care of them for free. I can freely write about it here, because I'm certain no one in my family would bother to even read my blog! I guess I'm just having a feel sorry for myself moment. The problem with rejection is that it has a tendency to bleed over into other relationships in my life. I begin to feel like I'm not good enough, not smart enough, not whatever enough, to be someone's friend. When a good friend rejected me because I confronted her (in a loving way) about sin in her life, it really hurt because she totally shut me out. There was no conversation, no argument,I was just cut off. Rejected once again. Now I know that God can more than handle this, but I suppose that I'm fully realizing just how much of an issue it is for me. I find myself wanting to cut myself off from friends and family in fear of getting hurt by them. Oh well, perhaps I'm just pregnantally (yes I made that word up) hormonal at the moment. Either way, thankfully I'm smart enough to know that God has not rejected me and fully demonstrated that through the sacrifice of his son. I'm so thankful for my heavenly Father, even if my relationship with my earthly Father is lacking and my sister seems to have a natural distaste for me!

3 comments:

Mom4Boys said...

Whine away. Sorry girl for the rejection you are feeling. You can't run me off so don't even try. : ) I love you!

Joyce Baumann said...

I know the way you are feeling. I experience it myself. We all need to feel loved and accepted. I hope you know I love you :).

Gretch said...

I'm so blessed to have awesome friends!


Books we're reading

  • Heroes (stories from Iraq) This is Phillip's fave!
  • The Magician's Nephew
  • A Triumph for Flavius
  • Alexander the Great
  • Aesop's Fables
  • Johnny Tremain
  • Miracle on Maple Hill
  • The Story of Esther
  • Story of the World
  • Apologia Science: Astronomy
  • Curriculum: Tapestry Of Grace: Year One
  • The Bible
  • The Great Brain
  • King Solomon and the trees
  • King Solomon and the Queen of Sheba

Happy to be in Kindergarten

Happy to be in Kindergarten

The Kiddo's

The Kiddo's
All content copyright 2008-2009 G. Deveaux