Saturday, March 7, 2009

Exhausted...

Well, here I go again. My vain attempt to blog when I can barely keep my eyes open. I am now into week 32 of my pregnancy and I am just so tired. I just so want to have Sara! I deal much better with a newborn and a few hours of sleep than waking up every single hour to go to the bathroom. Between Rob's snoring and going to the bathroom and not being able to fall back asleep, I am just exhausted. At least with the baby I'll have two or so hours of uninterrupted sleep. I'm not thrilled about having to have another C-section, but at this point, I just want to give birth. A month ago, I had too much amniotic fluid which surprised me, because I'm trying very hard to control my glucose levels. Thankfully at my last peri visit the fluid was down to a normal level. I start my weekly non-stress tests and biophysical profiles at the hospital, and if things go well, I should deliver between 38 and 39 weeks. I don't have a definite date yet, but I may know something this week after my ob visit. My endocrinologist is satisfied with my glucose control and has been very helpful in helping me to balance everything. I send in my glucose log every week and she calls me back with any adjustments. She and my dietician are going to work with me to get all of this weight off after Sara gets here. I'm so not going to continue being unhealthy after all of this!
The kids are wonderful and have been a blessing throughout my pregnancy. Bobby and Phillip are more than willing to do their chores, help with the little ones, cook breakfast and make lunch and generally take care of me when I really need help. I'm so thankful to have them. The boys have also had some intensive lessons on hormones. Sometimes I feel sorry for them. I've let them know that when I get "crazy" or hormonal, to pray for me and just let me be. Hopefully it will help them with their wives one day. It's been hard to balance everything though, sometimes even just putting food in the crock pot is too much for me. I know it sounds pathetic, but that's where I am. I just don't do pregnancy well, I enjoy the mothering part much more, but I am thankful for the miracle of pregnancy. I love to feel Sara move and I can fully appreciate the true blessing of being able to give birth to a child. I guess I don't want to seem ungrateful that I am pregnant. I am thrilled, though it may not sound like it! God is good and while I am still at times in shock that I'm carrying a child in my womb, I am very happy to be doing so. I only wish my pregnancies were a bit more enjoyable. Oh well, there are worse things in life. I know that the end result is more than worth all of the nausea, pain, aches and exhaustion. I can honestly say that about all of my children, they are truly gifts from God. I look forward to being awake enough in a few months to truly enjoy them.

No comments:


Books we're reading

  • Heroes (stories from Iraq) This is Phillip's fave!
  • The Magician's Nephew
  • A Triumph for Flavius
  • Alexander the Great
  • Aesop's Fables
  • Johnny Tremain
  • Miracle on Maple Hill
  • The Story of Esther
  • Story of the World
  • Apologia Science: Astronomy
  • Curriculum: Tapestry Of Grace: Year One
  • The Bible
  • The Great Brain
  • King Solomon and the trees
  • King Solomon and the Queen of Sheba

Happy to be in Kindergarten

Happy to be in Kindergarten

The Kiddo's

The Kiddo's
All content copyright 2008-2009 G. Deveaux