Tuesday, December 2, 2008
Sara or Jonathan?
I had no idea that at only 17 weeks, I would be able to discover the gender of our new little one. I was excited when my friend Deanna related to me how early she found out that she would be havinga a daughter. I guess that would be the one perk of being considered "high risk" in terms of my pregnancy. I see a perinatologist monthly to monitor the baby's growth and development. Diabetes can be very dangerous for the babies involved if glucose levels are not tightly controlled. Though I don't enjoy being poked and prodded on a monthly basis I am comforted to know how things are going. We recieved a glowing report the day before Thanksgiving that the baby was strong and healthy, with no malformations. The baby is growing at the rate that is to be expected for the gestational age. We also discovered that the baby was actually a baby girl! When the doctor revealed this to me, I giggled out loud and said "Seriously?" I laughed so hard I could see my oversized tummy jiggle. I don't know what I found so funny, except for the fact that I knew that we were going to have a little Jonathan. It still seems unreal to me, although I am happy about it. I suppose I imagined that Ria and I would remain the sole Queen and princess of the household. Of course, Ria is thrilled to have a sister at last, and she can't seem to stop talking to Sara and kissing my baby bump. Daniel seems a bit confused and calls the baby Sara and Jonathan. I do admit my own excitement at the prospect of future pink purchases. I wanted to post pictures of the adorable onesies that I bought when I found out, but for some reason I can't access my blog from home, and I'm typing this at the library right now. Hopefully Rob can figure out what is going on with my computer so that I can catch up on my blogging. Either way, wer're so happy to know that we're having a little Sara in May. I'll post later about how I told the kids that they would be having a sister!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
Books we're reading
- Heroes (stories from Iraq) This is Phillip's fave!
- The Magician's Nephew
- A Triumph for Flavius
- Alexander the Great
- Aesop's Fables
- Johnny Tremain
- Miracle on Maple Hill
- The Story of Esther
- Story of the World
- Apologia Science: Astronomy
- Curriculum: Tapestry Of Grace: Year One
- The Bible
- The Great Brain
- King Solomon and the trees
- King Solomon and the Queen of Sheba
Happy to be in Kindergarten
The Kiddo's
All content copyright 2008-2009 G. Deveaux
No comments:
Post a Comment