Monday, December 8, 2008

A girl?!?

When I found out that we were being blessed with another daughter, I wanted to tell the kids in a fun and creative way. So, being a girl myself, I did what we girls do best; I shopped! I found a really cute set of onesies and cute little pink and brown horse and decided to wrap them up and let the kids "unwrap" the baby's gender. When I got home, Rob had already told the kids that we knew what we were having. They were so excited, but the boys were just literally jumping like they had ants in their pants in anticipation. "I know we're having a boy!" (that would be Phillip) "Aww Mom, why do we have to wait? Can't you just tell us now?" (That would be Bobby) "Mommy, Mommy, I think I know, I think I know, but I don't want to tell the boys!" (that would be Ria, who must have overheard our conversation on the phone, because she guessed correctly that the baby was a girl, but was kind enough not to tell the boys!) Eventually, I put the items in a gift bag and we passed it around to the little ones. Every one got to take a guess as to what they thought we were having. Ria and Daniel were on the girl side, while the boys were adamant that there was no way that this baby was not a boy. The shock on their faces as Ria pulled out our pink treasures was hilarious. They were screaming and yelling and Ria and Daniel were doing a little happy dance. I think it's safe to say that everyone is happy that we're having a girl, not that we'd be upset if we were having a boy, but I guess we're just ready for yet another princess!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

hey! congrats, I didn't know ya'll were expecting. When are you due?

Gretch said...

Thanks! I'm due on May 4, although it looks like I'll be having a c-section at 38 or 39 weeks. Congrats on your new little one! Your kiddo's are beautiful!

Scentsibly Prepared said...

Congrts!! We are due again in June - # 5 for both of us right???


Books we're reading

  • Heroes (stories from Iraq) This is Phillip's fave!
  • The Magician's Nephew
  • A Triumph for Flavius
  • Alexander the Great
  • Aesop's Fables
  • Johnny Tremain
  • Miracle on Maple Hill
  • The Story of Esther
  • Story of the World
  • Apologia Science: Astronomy
  • Curriculum: Tapestry Of Grace: Year One
  • The Bible
  • The Great Brain
  • King Solomon and the trees
  • King Solomon and the Queen of Sheba

Happy to be in Kindergarten

Happy to be in Kindergarten

The Kiddo's

The Kiddo's
All content copyright 2008-2009 G. Deveaux