Sunday, November 16, 2008
Food, Java, and Man's land...The Perfect Date
I just had the best date with my husband. We both woke up a little blah this morning, perhaps it was the "24" marathon that we engaged in last night as we caught up on the one show we actually watch. There is something about watching the good guys catch the bad guys, but I digress. We went to church and were of course inspired by the great teaching of our pastor and by the worship service led by our new worship leader. It was just what the doctor ordered, even if we were foolish enough to stay up until 2:30 last night! The kids were with my mom, so someone mentioned that we should go on a date, go figure... Why didn't we think of that? We had a very low key lunch at Luby's where I was able to get a semi-healthy meal with plenty of veggies which I was happy about because I'm really trying to keep my glucose levels under control... It was just great sitting together, talking and laughing. We talked about our dreams, the Lord and what we felt he is teaching us and all of this with no interruptions from children or me playing referee between the four of them! We decided to go to get some coffee and for once, dh wanted to sit INSIDE the coffeehouse and yep you guessed it TALK! Wow! I was amazed. He is the king of, let's pick it up and go home, so I was thrilled to sit and chat over coffee. When we finished with our coffee, I had a great idea. Here is how the conversation went. ME:"Hey honey, why don't we do something fun before we go home?" DH:Looking like a deer caught in headlights; "Umm, well, what did you have in mind?" ME:Well, since it's our anniversary next month, why don't we go and spend some imaginary money on an anniversary gift for us?" DH: Staring blankly out of the window... "Well...umm...err.."ME:Come on sweetie, we can goto Best Buy." DH:Looking as if he had just won the lottery."Well, hey, sure, that sounds fun!" Okay, so he doesn't like to shop except at "man stores"... So we strolled through Best Buy perusing the flat screen televisions envisioning something nice and big for our game room.(Which is also imaginary for the moment) We laughed and joked and sat down and compared the different sizes and brands and as silly as it seems, we had alot of fun. It was the best date we've had in a long time. I don't know if that's good or sad! Either way, in case you're wondering, we purchased a 50 inch panasonic, of course, that is, we would have, but sadly enough, the store refused to take our imaginary money!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
Books we're reading
- Heroes (stories from Iraq) This is Phillip's fave!
- The Magician's Nephew
- A Triumph for Flavius
- Alexander the Great
- Aesop's Fables
- Johnny Tremain
- Miracle on Maple Hill
- The Story of Esther
- Story of the World
- Apologia Science: Astronomy
- Curriculum: Tapestry Of Grace: Year One
- The Bible
- The Great Brain
- King Solomon and the trees
- King Solomon and the Queen of Sheba
Happy to be in Kindergarten
The Kiddo's
All content copyright 2008-2009 G. Deveaux
No comments:
Post a Comment