Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Bags of Smiles

If you're like me, when you were a kid you loved the first day of school. New clothes, a shiny new lunch box, and best of all, school supplies! I know that my kids are no different, so in addition to the new backpacks and other new things they received for school, I decided to surprise them with gift bags full of school supplies. I presented them to the kids after our lavish and fun celebration breakfast on the first day of school. I knew the little ones would love them, but i was unsure of how the two older ones would react. I was pleasantly surprised to find that they were all very happy to get the bags full of pencils, pens, erasers, note cards, dividers, paper, markers, highlighters, and of course, some fun candy. I think this will be a new tradition. It really warmed my heart to see their smiles and to start our first day out with them excited about using their new "stuff"!

No comments:


Books we're reading

  • Heroes (stories from Iraq) This is Phillip's fave!
  • The Magician's Nephew
  • A Triumph for Flavius
  • Alexander the Great
  • Aesop's Fables
  • Johnny Tremain
  • Miracle on Maple Hill
  • The Story of Esther
  • Story of the World
  • Apologia Science: Astronomy
  • Curriculum: Tapestry Of Grace: Year One
  • The Bible
  • The Great Brain
  • King Solomon and the trees
  • King Solomon and the Queen of Sheba

Happy to be in Kindergarten

Happy to be in Kindergarten

The Kiddo's

The Kiddo's
All content copyright 2008-2009 G. Deveaux