Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Astronomy Project

Today we had some friends come over, so they were able to participate in our experiment. The boys are studying Astronomy and are currently focusing on Mars. They had a great time making a salt dough "volcano" modeled after after the Olympus Mon on Mars. It was so fun! I didn't pour enough vinegar in initially, so our volcano was a bit slow acting, but in the end it turned out great and we had a lot of fun. (The kids want to make another one and do it again, and I have to admit that I want to as well!) If you've never used Apologia Science for elementary, I highly recommend it! I uploaded the video of the experiment as well, check it out if you want to see kids having a great time learning!

No comments:


Books we're reading

  • Heroes (stories from Iraq) This is Phillip's fave!
  • The Magician's Nephew
  • A Triumph for Flavius
  • Alexander the Great
  • Aesop's Fables
  • Johnny Tremain
  • Miracle on Maple Hill
  • The Story of Esther
  • Story of the World
  • Apologia Science: Astronomy
  • Curriculum: Tapestry Of Grace: Year One
  • The Bible
  • The Great Brain
  • King Solomon and the trees
  • King Solomon and the Queen of Sheba

Happy to be in Kindergarten

Happy to be in Kindergarten

The Kiddo's

The Kiddo's
All content copyright 2008-2009 G. Deveaux